This shake was created by the author of the “Eat Clean Diet.” If you need energy to get you going in the morning or for spring cleaning then this is the shake for you! It has all the “healthy” fats and “good carbs.” This shake is also low fat, high protein and high fiber!
|Now that April has arrived I’d say a little spring cleaning is in order. I’ve created this yummy smoothie to scrub you from the inside out. Don’t let the green color scare you off – it’s a combination of hemp protein powder and spirulina powder. Spirulina is blue-green algae bursting with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins B, C, D, E, and minerals. Drink up to clean up!|
- 1 teaspoon (~ 10 ml) Spirulina powder
- 1 serving hemp protein powder
- 1 tablespoon (~ 15 ml) coarsely ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (~ 120 ml) dry oatmeal
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup (~ 120 ml) applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (~ 2 ml) vanilla
- Handful of ice cubes
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced (Optional: save 1 or 2 slices for garnish)
- 1/3 cup (~ 120 ml) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or milk of your choice)
- Juice of 1/2 orange (or 1 clementine)
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour in a chilled glass and garnish with kiwi. Serve.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
Protein: 14 g
Carbs: 43 g
Dietary Fiber: 12 g
Fat: 4 g
Sat. Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 78 mg
Cholesterol: 2 g (credit)”
If you are going to do a shake for a meal or snack then make sure that this one is during the day so that your body has time to use the carbs!