The holiday are the most trying times for your physical fitness and health. Deck the halls wasn’t supposed to mean add extra fat to your frame. However, the average person gains between 5 – 10 pounds during the holiday season. The best way to combat the fat and avoid the buldge is to find way to motivate yourself to hit the gym and get your workout in regardless. Here are some quick fit tips that we use to keep clients and “gym goers” motivated.
- Holiday Gym Apparel: Christmas is the season for giving so why not pick up some new running shoes, a new outfit for the gym or sports bra to get you in the workout spirit!
- Bust A Move : Download new song for your ipod. These upbeat turns should get you in the mood to move!
- Holiday Gym Buddy : Everyone is struggling to get to the gym so invite your friends for a workout date. It’s much harder to miss your scheduled workout if someone else is waiting for you.
- Take A Class : classes are developed to create a sense of camaraderie. Get in there, sweat, move, and turn on your endorphins!
- Don’t Forget Your Supplements: If the fall weather has put you into hibernation then it’s time you took your multivitamin with some extra D vitamin for mood enhancement!