To keep your workouts fun and challenging you must always search for new moves and new information. In the training world they always say “the best trainers never stop learning, and they never know everything.” This is true for all aspects of life including your own fitness! Use this awesome 360 plank from one of our favorite fitness writer Paige Waehner. This move is guaranteed to get your heart pumping and your muscles burning!
- Hold weight in each hand and turn to the left, lunging forward with the left leg (right leg is straight) while taking the weight in the left hand down to the floor. You should be in a runner’s lunge with the right arm pulled up into a row.
- Put the right weight down as you take the left leg back into a plank.
- Pull the right weight up into a row while stepping forward with the right leg.
- Stand up and turn to face the back of the room.
- Repeat the series, once again lunging to the left, moving into a plank and lifting the right arm into a row as you step forward with the right leg.
- At the end, you should be facing forward again, having completed one circle of lunges, planks and rows.
- Complete 4 circles before going in the other direction and lunging with your right leg first.
Practice this move a couple of times before you add weight. From my personal experience, it’s best to start out with light weight and use dumbbells with edges so you don’t roll away. ALWAYS keep the dumbbells close together to avoid slipping. Progression is the key! Do what you can at first and work your way up! Moves like these also allow you to work several muscle groups at the same time. If your short on time then this is a move you should be using in your routine.