Aging can be calming to the soul but hard on the body. I live in the land of plastic surgery, commonly known as ” L.A.” The most frequently ask questions are related to
Since women have softer skin, and more body fat, they are more susceptible to sagging skin. As aging kicks in, even the skinny people have to work hard to fight gravity. Here are some of the most common exercises to give your own body a face lift.
- Stand with your feet slightly closer than shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent, or “soft.” Hold a barbell in your hands, or dumbbells in each hand, in front of your thighs, with your palms facing your legs. Keep your back straight and your shoulders pulled back.
- Bend your torso forward slowly, lowering the bar or dumbbells toward the floor. Keep your knees slightly bent and your back flat through the entire movement. Lower the bar until your torso is almost parallel to the floor. From this position, focus on your hamstrings and exhale while slowly lifting your body and the weights back to the starting position. Repeat.
Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie on your back, with your knees bent. Bend your elbows so the weights are positioned at either side of your head, palms facing your ears and elbows pointed up toward the ceiling. (A) Simultaneously contract your glutes and raise your hips—so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees—while you extend your arms, so the weights are lined up with your chest. (B) Return to start.10 to 12 reps
- Start with the weights in your hands with your arms fully extended up above your head, palms facing each other.
- Lower your arms straight out from your sides. Your elbows should be slightly bent throughout the lowering and raising. When your arms are at the level of your chest (or just above the floor if you are lying on the floor), reverse the move to lift the weights back to vertical.
- Inhale when lowering the weights, exhale and tighten the abs when raising them.
- Feel a good opening of the chest when you lower the weights, pause for a second when they are at their lowest point before raising them.
- Perform this move slowly and with control to get the best benefits. Going fast doesn’t give as many benefits.
- Repeat 8 to 15 times. Rest for 30 to 60 seconds and do 3 sets.
These are just some of the exercises you can do for these body parts. This is part 1 of our “give your body a face lift,” series. Make sure you keep up with the site to catch each article. Don’t forget to share these fitness tips with your friends, family, and co workers!