If you’re looking for light recipes to mix up your bland healthy eating routine, then this recipe should be one you use as a low carb, paleo, gluten free, light option. I personally tested this recipe out in the Fit Tip Kitchen to make sure I could give you some healthy cooking tips and substitutions for this light recipe. Healthy quiche is a pretty easy recipe and allows you tons of variations. You can even feel free to make a Hodge podge of what you have in your fridge. Chances are, as long as you like what your adding, you can’t go wrong.
Ingredients for Healthy Quiche
- Gluten free crust – Or you can use No crust. Fun Fit Option – Use turkey bacon as the bottom layer to lighten the dish even more!!
- 3 eggs or 1 3/4 cup of egg whites – Using Egg whites saves you 21 grams of fat in the recipe
- Cooking Spray – I use olive oil cooking spray instead of butter to sauté the vegetables
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese OR you can use a vegan cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups of milk OR you can use 1/2 cup of soy creamer if you’re allergic. NOTE: If you use soy creamer it will sweeten the recipe SO add lemon juice to your finished product and it will take it away 🙂
- 4 oz. of Turkey Bacon or Sliced Canadian Bacon if you have it.
- 1/4 onion – chopped
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add your choice of cheese to the top of the crust (before other ingredients) – I used vegan cheese but next time I may omit it completely because it gave the quiche a creamy texture.
- Sauté all your vegetables before had. If you don’t then you will have a watery quiche ick!
- Add the meats and veggies as well as any spices you like .. such as salt, pepper, hopped fresh thyme or basil before adding the custard.
- Whisk your eggs and milk together to create the custard filling.
- Add egg mixture. The crust should not exceed 3/4 full.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out partially clean. The quiche should rest at least 5 minutes before eating so it doesn’t fall apart.
Other Fun and Healthy Quiche Combos
- Ham and cheese
- Spinach, Mushroom and Feta
- Caramelized onion and parsley
- Zucchini, peppers, and onions
- Breakfast Quiche with shredded potatoes, turkey bacon, onions and light cheese
- Chicken, grilled corn and avocado
What your favorite Healthy Quiche recipe?? Tell us your creation or combination!
CPT, CES, PES,