Eating Paleo or low carb after the weekend is just what the doctor ordered to flush out excess water weight from foods that aren’t part of your weekly rituals. This avocado tuna salad is high in protein, low in carbs, and a great brain food to power up the beginning of your week. Drop those excess inches with this great low carb recipe, share it with your fitness family and spread the your love of health with the people you love the most!
Avocado Tuna Salad Bowls
- 1 Avocado
- Onions finely chopped
- 5 ounces of tuna cooked or canned
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of sweet relish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 stalk of celery – to add a little bit of crunch 😉
Directions for Low Carb Avocado Tuna Salad Bowls
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed
- Carve our the avocado flesh into a bowl – leaving the shells intact
- Add lemon juice, celery, relish, and onions. Mash them together in a bowl
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste, then make adjustments if necessary.
- Fill the avocado shells with filling and serve.
Fit tip cooking tip – if you want to pre make these for a later date, they will stay green in color (not brown) if you block out all the air. Place them in an air tight ziplock bag or tupperware container. They should stay green for 2 -3 days. Also, sprinkle a little bit of lemon on top. The acid with prevent the avocado from turning brown prematurely.
As with every monday, we like to give you low carb options to help you get your results faster! This recipe can be pared with our other low carb recipes such as, Spicy Avocado Salad With Lime Vinaigrette. Get creative with the recipes on our site and don’t forget that you can print them out and add them to your own home made healthy recipe book! 5 minutes a day of new recipe info could mean 5 -10 pounds on your scale!