If you haven’t used coconut oil in your household, then you are truly missing out! There are so many ways to incorporate this natural product into your eating, cleaning, and body treatments, that you will be running to the store to find it!!
TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD BE USING COCONUT OIL
- Its a Nutritional Powerhouse: It contains Amino Acids for muscle recovery, minerals such as, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. It also contains vitamin C and B2 (riboflavin).
- Strenthens Your Immune System – Coconut oil contain Monolaurin, a compound found in breast milk to stregthen the baby’s immune system. It also aids in healthy bones, brain development, protects against viruses and bacteria.
- Improves Overall Health – Research suggests that people who consumed high fat diets derived from coconuts had good health and low cholesterol. They also were void of diseases related to coronary heart disease, colon cancer, and other bowel issues.
- Thermogenic / Fat Burning Properties – Although coconut oil is primarily saturated fats, it’s made up of medium chain triglycerides. Fat in this form is more readily used as fuel rather then stored as fat. This means that this source of fuel has the ability to speed up your metabolism while your body uses it over a 24 hour period. According to Natural Health Sherpa, farmers in the 1940′s were trying to fatten up their livestock by using coconut oil. However, this had the reverse affect. The animals got leaner and more energetic!
- Antinflamitory , Anti-pyretic (it reduces fever), Anti Fungal, Antibacterial – In people with colon issues such as Candida, coconut oil help to alleviate symptoms. Feaver, diaper rash, pain can also be combatted with this mirical cure. The antibacterial properties in the oil also make it a great aid for scrapes, and cuts.
- Conditioner – Tired of spending your hard earned cash on those expensive conditioners?? Massage coconut oil into your scalp to condition hair and get rid of dandruff !
- Moisturize Your Skin – Tired of reapplying your lotion every 4 hours??? This oil has the ability to moisturize for hours at a time. It can also be applied to your face for wrinkles. Skin diseases such as, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin conditions can also benefit from applying this daily.
- Digestion : As mentioned above, coconut oil helps with colon disorders such as candida, irritable bowel, and other issues. It also helps the body to absorb more vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from the food eaten.
- It Minimizes Premature Aging- Coconut oil if full of antioxidants so it helps to prevent aging inside and out!
- Stress Relief - Who doesn’t need less stress!?? The aroma of coconut oil is soothing and relaxing. Try massaging it on your scalp after long days full of mental fatigue.
Shocked? So was I!!! Print out this enlightening fitness tip about coconut oil and put it on your fridge for further use! A big thanks to Lisa for sending it our way!