Usually people exercise for vanity. Sure, there are others out there that are in tune enough to realize that there are other benefits, however they only make up about 20-30 %. If I was a millionaire, I would print this list on shirts and hand them out for free on the corner! These serve as the best fitness tips to keep you going to the gym. Don’t do it just to look better, take a more holistic approach to exercise and remember all the positive affects it has on your body.
- Mental Clarity
- Exercise Melts Stress – Life in general is stressful. It’s even more stressful if you don’t have some sort of outlet. Are you stressed about working out? Forget about it and get moving! ” Exercise produces a relaxation response that serves as a positive distraction,” says Cedric Bryant, chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. He says it also helps elevate your mood and keep depression at bay.
– Foggy??? Aren’t we all! Exercise increases energy and serotonin levels in the brain. This makes for a better work day, a happier metal state, less sick days, and a better work environment!
- ENERGY – This is one thing everyone could use more of! When exercising, endorphins are released making you feel happier and more energetic. If you want to get more out of your day, then exercise is the way to do it.
- Time Management – When you are moving, feeling better, have a better attitude, and more energy, you get ALOT more accomplished. You also prioritize work and tasks better and spend less time slacking off.
- Fitness Can Help Relationships
- Ward Off Disease and Pain – Can’t get to the gym because your body aches?? It’s probably because you haven’t exercised in ages! “Research has shown that exercise can slow or help prevent heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis (bone loss), and loss of muscle mass, says Astorino.” Movement also makes your joints, tendons and muscles stronger. You will have less aches and pains if you keep moving.
– We aren’t just talking about your significant other, we are talking about every relationship in your life. Why do you think some of the strongest bonds are always created with your gym buddy or your personal trainer? Fitness has the ability to help people cope with life. It’s only natural , that working out allows you the patience, energy, and balance to make your relationships the best they can be!
- Pump Up Your Heart – The most important muscle in your body is your heart! It is responsible for keeping your whole system alive and well oxygenated. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens this very important organ. The stronger your heart is, the more blood it can pump per beat. This eventually lowers your heart rate. Decreased heart rates have also been linked to a longer life.
- Eat More – No, we don’t want you gorging, however, if you compare muscle to fat, muscle burns more then fat! So you can afford to have an extra snack, or a random cookie here and there. They will be LESS likely to end up on your hips later with all that lean muscle you have built up.
- Boost Performance – Your daily activities will be enhanced the more you exercise. Your coordination will improve, your posture will get better, and your endurance for house work and errands won’t send you to bed for a nap.
- Do you really need one more!?? 😉 As a whole, exercise serves to enrich, enhance, and increase your time on this earth. If you won’t do it for yourself, then do it for the people who love you!
“We LOVE Helping You One Tip At A Time “