(Click the picture to see a whole workout routine including cross over lunges)
1. Stand with feet parallel to each other and shoulder-width apart.
2. Step your right foot over your left and lunge as far to the left as you can. Depending on your body, you can keep both feet pointed forward or land your right foot at a 45-degree angle. If you land at the 45-degree angle, you will feel less pressure on your knees.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat the action to the right. This completes one repetition.
4. Perform two to three sets of 10 to 15 repetitions. Rest for 60 to 90 seconds between each set.
5. Optional: Hold a pair of dumbbells to make this more challenging.
Primary Muscle Group: Hamstrings and glutes
Secondary Muscle Group: Calves, inner thighs, quadriceps (source)
You should feel this exercise pretty fast!!! If you don’t then re- read the instructions and make corrections. This is one of my favorite exercises so I hope you love it as much as I do!!
CPT, BS, CES, PES