The hunger games revived the idea of ultimate fitness in Hollywood. Running through the forest, fighting for your life all while wearing spandex. If you weren’t in good shape then you wouldn’t have a role in this film. Jennifer Lawrence stands out as the main character in the film but she’s also surround by an outstanding cast. As a group they all exemplified fitness in some shape or form and left audiences wanting the next portion of the trilogy and their workout routines. Of the characters, Jennifer Lawrence’s workout routine seems to be the most sought after so we decided to do some research for you!
Don’t be fooled, Jennifer has conflicting messages floating around Hollywood. Some magazines say she doesn’t workout or eat healthy, while others show images such as this, as she leaves the gym!
Yep, that’s her! She also has a trainer by the name of Joseph Horrigan that leads her in circuit type training, with medicine ball exercises, agility drills, track drills and cardio on the treadmill and bike. With all this training she’s able to maintain a 130 pound weight at a height of 5′ 9.” Not an easy task. The bike is also a key component to Jennifer Lawrence’s workout routine.
Want to be just like her !? Who Doesn’t ! Here’s Jennifer Lawrence’s workout routine – IN DETAIL
Here’s the Jennifer Lawrence workout routine for her role as Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games:
Jennifer Lawrence’s Workout Routine Monday
> Morning : Agility
> Afternoon : Stunts
> Evening : Bike
Jennifer Lawrence’s Monday Workout: Agility (technically it’s a circuit)
- Cardio Warm Up: Cardio warm up on stationary bike (10 minutes)
- Lower Body Warm Up: Walking Lunges (15-20 reps per leg)
- Jump Squats (30 secs on / 30 secs rest)
- Lateral Lunges (10 reps each leg)
- Step Ups onto bench (10 reps each leg)
- Pushups (20 reps, use knees if necessary)
- Straight-Leg Sit-Ups (15 reps)
- Side Planks (30 secs hold)
- Repeat each exercise 3 more times (rest 60 secs between sets)
- Medicine Ball Workout. Get great deals on medicine balls here with free shipping!
- Evening – (30 Minutes on a stationary bike)
As for the Stunts Portion of the Workout – You may have to go to a rock climbing studio near you OR hit up your highest tree in your local area 😉 Here’s a video of some of Jennifer Lawrence’s workout routine involving stunts via movie clips.
Stay Tuned for that Days that follow!
May the odds ever be in your favor,