In a previous article we talked about unlimited benefits of coconuts. Not only are coconuts a good source of omega fats, they also contain water that’s more hydrating then sports drinks! The water is also void of additive and excess sugars. Based on our pervious knowledge, we decided to use coconut water as a way to increase hydration at the start of the day while consuming your proteins, “healthy” carbs, and fiber with these hydrating protein shake recipes.
Benefits of Coconut Water
“It’s a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. In fact, there are many reports of the use of Coconut Water as an emergency intravenous fluid during World War II in the Pacific area. (Coconut Water has been found to be sterile, pyrogen-free and ready to use.)”
In addition to the rehydrating properties of Coconut water, other benefits are claimed to:
- Lower arterial pressure.
- Eliminate swelling in hands and feet.
- Normalize the intestinal function and raise metabolism.
- Relieve spasms and stomach pain.
- Ease burns.
- Heal damage induced by antibiotics and toxins in the digestive tract.
- Boost poor circulation.
- Balances pH- reducing cancer risk (source).
Hydrating Berry Protein Shake Recipe
- One serving of coconut water ( use 8 – 12 oz)
- One cup of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
- 1 serving of Jay Robb’s VANILLA Egg White Protein
- 1/2 banana
- stevia (optional)
Hydrating Coconut Chocolate, Banana, Peanut Butter Protein Shake
(say that 10 times fast )
- One serving of coconut water (8 -12 oz)
- One serving of powdered peanut butter ( I like PB2 – you can buy it here)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (for added fiber and to fill you up)
- 1 serving of Jay Robb’s Chocolate egg white protein
- One Small Banana
- Stevia (if needed)
How could you go wrong getting your protein, your hydration, and your fiber first thing in the morning!? Use these protein shake recipes to lose weight and get lean while still enjoying the flavors that you love!
BS, CPT, CES, PES
Leave a Reply